With winter comes the anticipation of planning the best snow-filled vacation you can come up with. It is far different to plan a skiing vacation than a summer one, so it can prove helpful to have a few tips to follow to ensure it is the great one that you and your family deserve. Here are some clever ideas that you might not have thought about.
- Don’t try to travel with all your ski gear- If you are going somewhere via air travel instead of a road trip, it is especially ideal to leave most, if not all, of your ski gear at home and opt to rent equipment at your destination instead. You can (and should) arrange for this ahead of time so you can be sure of getting the equipment you want at a fair rental price.
- Sign up for a beginner package– If you haven’t been skiing before, consider signing up for lessons, as they might come in a package with your lift tickets and equipment rental.
- Choose a local hotel nearby– It is often a great idea to find an affordable hotel nearby where you can rest up after skiing. Staying at a resort is fun too, but if you want your skiing trip to be more affordable, staying off-site is the way to go.
- Purchase lift tickets beforehand– Some ski resorts offer discounts if you buy a full-day lift ticket before you arrive at the ski resort.
- Choose a resort based on your favorite conditions– If you are an avid skier, you know what snow conditions you prefer and should choose a resort that has those conditions.
- Choose a resort based on area attractions– If you are traveling with others who don’t want to go skiing or if you want to have more things to do than just ski, consider staying in an area that has plenty of other things to do as well.
On that last point, if you are looking for a fun destination for skiing and a host of other things to do, you will want to visit Lenoir & the NC foothills. The combination of affordable hotels, plenty of great places to eat and drink, and numerous outdoor and family activities makes this area a favorite with beginner and advanced skiers alike.