There is never a bad time to visit Lenoir & the NC foothills, but there are a few special things about visiting in the fall and winter that will have you putting a seasonal trip on your bucket list. Between the amazing entertainment, accommodations, shopping, and outdoor recreation opportunities, you might just want to visit every year or even add one more thing on your bucket list – to move here with your family! Here are a few ideas you’ll want to put on your list to see and do when you are in the area.
- Hiking in the forest- What’s not to love about a hike in a forest? Add in the great fall colors and cooler temperatures, and your hiking trips are sure to be memorable. Check out the Fall Color Map to find the best time to visit for peak visual enjoyment.
- Visit The Blowing Rock- If you are looking for something unique, you’ll love North Carolina’s oldest attraction. The Blowing Rock has been referred to as “the only place in the world where snow falls upside down,” making it an ideal place to visit in the winter, although it is special any time of the year. Book your hotel in Lenoir and reserve plenty of days to explore.
- Breweries- The outdoor activities aren’t the only ones you’ll remember. Check out a local brewery to explore craft brews and the wonderful southern hospitality waiting for you!
- Snow!– It doesn’t matter what winter activities you love– with five area resorts to choose from (or visit them all!), you can enjoy skiing, sledding, snow tubing, snowboarding or snowball fights with your family.
- Road trip- There are so many wonderful communities in the area that a road trip to enjoy the fall foliage and the hospitality of Lenoir, Sawmills, Granite Falls, Gamewell, Hudson, Cedar Rock, Rhodhiss, and Cajah’s Mountain would make a great addition to your seasonal bucket list.