You want people to know about your business and using Google Places is a great way to make this happen. Here’s a brief introduction to Google Places and how you can use it to drive more ongoing traffic to your business.
What is Google Places?
- Google Places is a lot like a phonebook – Google collects business listings and then uses information about these businesses to show users relevant, local results.
- Your listing helps you get the most accurate information to potential customers and, ultimately, get more traffic to your business.
What Does a Listing Include?
- Your Google Places listing can include up to 5 images of your business that you or someone else submits.
- Your listing includes your phone number, address, and directions, as well as your hours of operation and a link to your business website.
- Your listing will also include your 5 latest Google reviews.
How Do You Create & Manage a Listing?
- To create a listing, go to your Google account and find your business on Google.
- If your business isn’t already on Google, click “include your business on Google” and follow the directions to add information about your company.
- To manage your listing and edit your business’ information, log into your Google account and click on your business on the “Manage Locations” tab.